Sunday, January 2, 2011

Inventory Blues

The dreaded task that comes at the close of the year for a manufacturer or merchandiser is the counting of actual inventory on hand at year end. I started counting my raw materials yesterday and am still at it today. I will still be at it tomorrow.

Next a determination of the value of work-in-process and finished goods needs to be done. All those Excel spreadsheets and job-cost worksheets that I designed to keep track of this stuff sure are coming in handy. Too bad it's not a little more exciting to do these mundane tasks, though.

Old adding machine on display at the Museum of Jurassic Techology in Culver City, CA.

A little blues music playing in the background helps. It also helps to drink plenty of water and take some stretching breaks. I actually just had to head out to the gym because I was getting so bored with it all. 

1 comment:

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

That is the worst part. I wish I had a lackey to do all my paperwork.