Thursday, October 2, 2008

More from OFFF!

There were so many high points at the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival! Photographing the animals was totally fun. The sheep are so friendly. I think the two things they like best are eating and getting their picture taken.

I met a nice couple from Shaggy Bear Farms who showed these lovely Navajo Churro sheep

and these sporty Jacobs.


I bought some roving from them for my first spinning attempt.


(It's fun to fantasize about having the time to start spinning lessons.) Ha!

Also, the stash got more Socks That Rock in a variety of weights from Blue Moon Fiber Arts.
I have some fun design ideas for this stuff that has nothing to do with feet!

In addition to meeting lots of friendly livestock at the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival, I was greeted as well by plenty of inanimate sheep.

There was this pair of singing sheep,


these gently grazing ones,

and this dancing little lamb that begged to come along home with me.


Samba was only mildly interested in her at first but later she brought out one of her play mice for a welcoming gift,

and then hid under the settee to observe what little lamb would do with it.

No comments: