Friday, October 3, 2008

Beads, Bracelets, and the Summer Olympics

While watching the exciting swimming events of Michael Phelps, the women's beach volleyball events of Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh, men's volleyball events starring Phil Dalhausser and Todd Rogers, the women's gymnastics events, various races and diving events, I found time to work on a variety of projects during the Summer Olympics this year.

There were these luscious berry-colored beads


that wanted to become bead-crocheted bangle bracelets.



There was also the dancing donut-head doll that has this past weekend grown to this:


Added to the mix were a couple mini-bags for my Etsy store.

And there were two pesky swatches that got returned in my evaluation of Level 1 of the master knitter's program from TGKA. I'll write about my frustration with them later.

No comments: